Sunday 16 June 2013

Hosting a bazaar for a friend.

Long time no see but I have the greatest excuse of all... I was busy preparing a bazaar for a dear friend of mine, Stelios Pentarvanis,  who is launching a new line of products, named Spen Basics. Bags, bracelets, t-shirts and small objects of art, all hand made and designed by him who used to work in the media industry as a creative director for a publishing company and now, due to recession is ready to make his next move and at the same time, a new beginning.




You can see all the goof staff in his blog and order them by mail if you like them,  but for now you can take a look at what we did "chez moi" yesterday. 


Hosting a bazaar is not an easy thing, trust me, and since I was in charge of the organization and the buffet I had to call in all the favours I could think from friends and family in order to make it happen. My mother dog sited for Droopy -our not so friendly with strangers shar pei- , my son and his friends ran lots of errands and I was lucky and privileged because we ended up with the best macarons you can taste in Athens - as tasty as the ones of Laduree and Pierre Hermes, trust me on that- by Le Petit Macaron, amazing rose bubbly wines from Tsantali and mouthwatering pastry from Fresh.



I added some details, flowers all over - even in the WC- and I had to make room moving furniture around the house but I liked the result. So did the almost 100 people who came by to wish Stelios best of luck and to support his effort. 




At the end of the day I was tired - better say exhausted- but really proud and happy. It's nice to see new things happen and to be there for friends and loved ones. And it's even better to feel the care, the hugs, the laughs and the good vibes of supportive and optimist people who do not let them selves drown in crisis and misery but do their best in order to create, to keep up their hope and to stay together in those hard times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment